Deputy registrars work as agents of the Election Commission to register voters throughout the county. In order to become an official deputy registrar, you must complete a training class conducted by the Election Commission. After completion, you will be certified by the Election Commission to conduct voter registration drives anywhere in Nebraska.
In order to be an official deputy registrar, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a registered voter in the State of Nebraska (you may register to vote at the deputy registrar training session, if not already registered to vote in Nebraska).
- Must sign up for the deputy registrar training session on or before the business day prior to the training date.
- Must attend a deputy registrar training session conducted by the Election Commission.
The training sessions are 1 hour long, free of charge and are being held:
- 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at Millard Branch Library, 13214 Westwood Ln.
- 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at W. Clarke Swanson Branch, 9101 W Dodge Rd
Sign up for one of the sessions on the Douglas County Election Commission website.