Taking a realistic approach, through research, stories of lived experience and applied techniques that anyone can use, the book includes information on:
- How we bring our beliefs and experiences around mental health and mental illness into the workplace and other settings
- The importance of understanding how the language we use, consciously or unconsciously, impacts us
- Ways to manage the challenges around having mental health conversations at with others
- ‘How-to’ conversation guides
- After reading this book, you’ll feel empowered and equipped to have constructive, meaningful conversations about mental health.
As a Companion text we will be looking at Jenny Lawson’s “Furiously Happy: A Funny Book about Horrible Things” In Furiously Happy, number-one New York Times best-selling author Jenny Lawson explores her lifelong battle with mental illness. A hysterical, ridiculous book about crippling depression and anxiety? That sounds like a terrible idea. But terrible ideas are what Jenny does best.
Have a library card? Check out the books availability here!
You don’t even have to read the book, just come and enjoy the community and dialogue! See you then!
To learn more or for questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org