LWVGO is a launching a new book club that will meet in the evening. The book club will have its first meeting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 21 at Spirit World, 6680 Center St.
Our first meeting will be a “planning” meeting for us to discuss what book we want to read together, where we should hold future meetings, and when we should meet.
The following books have been recommended. Please review and see which you’d be most interested in or bring additional suggestions:
- Give Us the Ballot – Ari Berman
- Secrets We Keep: Three Women of Trinidad – Krystal A Sital
- Loaded – Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- Visionary Women – Andrea Barnet
- It’s Up to the Women – Eleanor Roosevelt
- The Women’s Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote – Elaine Weiss
Contact us with any questions.