Call for Recruitment for the LWVNE Board of Directors
The LWVNE Nominating Committee is beginning its work on recruitment for the League of Women Voters of Nebraska Board of Directors. We need your help to enhance our leadership going into Spring 2021 through Spring 2023.
You can help the Nominating Committee by nominating a friend, or yourself, for leadership by completing the online form here. You can submit as many nominations as you like before the deadline of February 17, 2021.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact Joanna Lindberg at email@example.com.
ACTION VICE PRESIDENT
The action vice president informs members of pertinent current issues and events and suggests appropriate actions.
- Maintains familiarity with national and state policy positions found in the LWVNE Program & LWVUS Impact on Issues.
- Plans Legislative Day activities with Legislative Day Committee.
- Sets legislative priorities for current Unicameral session with board input.
- Based on legislative priorities, attends and testifies at state Legislature hearings. The action VP may speak as representing the state league with prior approval of the president.
SOCIAL POLICY DIRECTOR
The social policy director informs the board of social issues addressed in national and state league programs.
- Is knowledgeable of LWVUS and LWVNE positions in their programs on social issues such as childcare, corrections, juvenile justice and violence.
- Encourages members to support positions on social policy issues.
- Establishes a committee to study social policy issues addressed in League programs and selects specific issues for action strategies.
VOTER SERVICES DIRECTOR
The voter services director informs the board of voting-related issues addressed in national and state programs. This position is most active during election years.
- Activities may include, but are not limited to, candidate forums, ballot measures, statewide voters’ guide, and supporting local Leagues with voter registration and voter outreach.
- Assists with VOTE411 by helping prepare questions for candidates and calls candidates who do not respond by the deadline. Works with the Technology and Voters Service Committee to download candidate responses in a format for voters’ guide publications.