Members who joined before June 1, 2018 are asked to renew before Oct. 1, 2018.
September is the beginning of our 2018-2019 fiscal year and we need your support to continue the exciting strides the League of Women Voters of Greater Omaha made in 2017-2018. In this past year, LWVGO:
- Added 90 new members and trained or retained 105 trained deputy registrars;
- Registered 663 new voters at 105 registration events, including 14 naturalization ceremonies;
- Registered seniors at OPS high schools, leading to a partnership with OPS to offer registration through classes in the fall and spring each year to ensure all OPS high school seniors have the opportunity to register to vote;
- Produced nine candidate forums and a variety of issue forums on our Go Vote Omaha TV/YouTube; and we have a very busy schedule for the general election;
- Provided the opportunity for community engagement at forums including the Kim Culp Juvenile Justice Forum at UNO, and monthly Dine & Discuss events;
- Added exciting new opportunities to engage members with new programs like Books After Dark and Documentary Club;
- And of course produced our Voters’ Guide for the primary and general election, in print and online at VOTE411.org, to provide non partisan information to voters.
But we can’t do any of this great work without support from you. Your membership dues form the financial foundation for us to continue to do this vital work in our community. In addition to renewing your membership, we hope you will consider making an additional gift to LWVGO — perhaps a monthly donation — to help build our capacity to register voters, engage the community, and expand our advocacy and informational activities as we ramp up to the 2020 election and the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.
Please renew as soon as possible so we can continue our work of Empowering Voters and Defending Democracy. We are counting on you!