Students in elementary, middle and high schools in the Omaha Metro area.
Categories for Submission
- Elementary : 1st – 6th Grade
- Middle School: 7th – 8th Grade
- High School : 9th – 12th Grade
- Video no more than 2 minutes discussing the theme.
- Must include a quote/slogan about why democracy matters to you.
- Video must be provided in AVI, MOV, or MPG format.
- Video must not be more than 10 MB.
- Limit one entry per team. Teams cannot be comprised of more than 3 members.
- Video should be creative, entertaining, and address the theme.
Judges will be comprised of members of the League of Women Voters Greater Omaha and UNO Faculty.
Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Best Theme/Quote
- Gift Card to First Place Winner in each category.
- Certificates to 2nd and 3rd Place winners.
Submissions are due by no later than 5 p.m. Central on May 21st, 2020.
Winners will be announced in early August 2020 and will be recognized at the 8th District Court Judicial Conference in August 2020.
How To Participate
Record and upload your video telling us why you are passionate about voting and using your voice and how you will continue the legacy and tell your story. Complete the submission form and upload your video via the form at the bottom of this page in an acceptable file format. **Note: You will also be required to consent to a photo/video release when completing this form.
For questions about the contest, contact Toni Monette, League of Women Voters Nebraska, Voter Services Co-Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.